You’ve heard laughter is the best medicine right? Well, the science is in and it’s proven to be true!
Do you, or does anyone you know, suffer from any of the following?
- Health concerns such as high blood pressure, heart disease or hypertension?
- Do you feel blue and want to feel pink (ie happy and positive)?
- Do you know you need to exercise but the idea of going to the gym is just not for you?
- Does your brain feel foggy and you wish you could think more clearly? Is this impacting your performance at work, or even at home?
- Do you shove your feelings down and not let them out for fear of… well, just for fear?
- Do you feel social isolated but hate the idea of ‘joining’ groups?
- Do you travel for work and find it hard to connect with anyone outside the office?
- Do you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks?
Then you may need a regular dose of laughter. Laughter can do amazing things for you, including:
- Helping you stay RESILIENT in the face of life’s challenges
- Improving your MIND POWER performance through increased oxygen flow to your brain
- Gives you HEALTH BENEFITS including strengthening your immune system so you can ward against illness, reduces high blood pressure, helps with anxiety, and even can aid those suffering from depression
- Helping you to MANAGE STRESS, the number one killer in the western world, and
- Enhancing your mood by releasing ENDORPHINS
Doesn’t that sound fabulous!!!
So how does this work? You attend a Laughter Yoga class!
Laughter Yoga is about fun, not about turning yourself into a pretzel, or telling bad jokes.
You see, our brains don’t know the difference between something that is real and something we imagine.
That means that even when laughter is forced, your body and mind still get the benefits as if you were laughing for real. Think about that. You can do a fake laugh and still get the benefits.
Here are some other great things about Laughter Yoga:
Who can do Laughter Yoga? Everyone. Well, sick, stressed. Old, young, in the middle. Age doesn’t matter.
Where do people do Laughter Yoga? Laughter Yoga is run in hospitals, aged care facilities and schools. At work in big, medium and small businesses, non-profit groups, community groups, private clubs, senior citizens clubs, men’s sheds. And one-on-one in peoples homes, and by Skype, Zoom or other geographically-overcoming technology.
Why do people do Laughter Yoga? Because of the benefits that I’ve listed above, and more. It can aid connection for those who are socially isolated, it can help people deal with pain better. It’s terrific exercise as it gets your heart rate up. Science has proven that Laughter Yoga can have a positive affect on many health issues, increase innovation and creative thinking, and just adds more laughter to life!
What if I have mobility issues and can’t get on the floor. No problem! The ‘Yoga’ part of Laughter Yoga is the breathing – there is no need to get on the floor in a pretzel shape! In fact, Laughter Yoga can even be practiced sitting down! So if you are mobility challenged, even to the point of being in a wheelchair – you can still participate in Laughter Yoga.
The great news is that:
I am now a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader and am available to run a Laughter Yoga class for YOU!
(this photo is me being presented with my certificate August 2016)
(I have been trained by in the method devleoped by Dr Kataria –
the medical doctor who developed the practice.)
I can take you through a LAUGHTER YOGA class in a big group, a small group, a two-on-one or a one-on-one. We can do this face-to-face (depending on location) or online via Skype, Zoom or other technology.
Laughter Yoga has been around as a practice since 1991 and is now practised by tens of thousands of people in over 100 countries around the world. Isn’t it time you treated yourself to a big laugh?