Getting out an about to share my good news about health and wellbeing is so important to me. If I can help just one person, I know I’ve made a difference and that’s fantastic! See below for a snapshot of what I’m getting up to:
Every Tuesday, 530pm-615pm BeLLY Laughter Club, St Marys Anglican Church Admin Hall, cnr Norton & Burnet Sts, Ballina. Come along and joinus – laughter guaranteed!
November 4, 2017 (time to be advised) YOGAFEST, Old Museum, Brisbane. Just like I did at World Yoga Day in June, I’ll be running a Laughter Yoga session to help everyone de-stress, and lighten up. Come along and have a fun time!
Sunday 10 September, 2017, Opening the second chapter of Stories in the Club, Mullumbimby Services Club, 3.45pm Sunday 10 September. Stories in the Club’, began strongly on Sunday, August 13, with six diverse and passionate tellers and an enthralled audience of over 100 people. This second instalment is going to be at least as exciting – and I’ll be opening the day with a Laughter Yoga session!
Saturday 2 September, 2017, 800am: #SharetheDignity fundraise, gold coin and personal care products for homeless women Laughter Yoga session. Come along and share the laughter, and enjoy a meditation session at the end.
EmCee at the Byron Writers Festival, August 2017, Greenstone Marquee.
LaughterWorx – sharing the Laughter 2017
- August 28 Women’s Collective, Southern Cross University
- August 26, Tyalgum Indie Folk Festival, Tyalgum
- July 29, Byron Writers Festival Volunteer Training
- July 24, Multitask, Lismore, Guest Speaker and Laughter Session at Ladies Morning Tea
- Weekly from July 18 BeLLY Laughter Club started, St Marys Church Admin Hall, Ballina
- June 30, Crowe Horwarth Accountants, Ballina, EOFY Event
- June 24, Lismore Lantern Festival, Fringe Stage
- June 17, World Yoga Day, Brisbane
- June 3, Art, Laughter and Yoga workshop, Rouse Mill
- April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27 – Lismore – free laughter yoga classes for those needing a lift after the floods
- Terms 1&2, 2017, North Coast Community College, Alstonville
- April 14, 15, 22, May 6Ballina Beach Village Holiday Park, South Ballina, School Holidays
- May 18 Crossfit Ballina
- April 2017 Ballina Business Alliance
Radio Interviews about Health and Wellbeing
August 2016: Why Having A Good Night’s Sleep is Vital to Your Health: eHealth Radio, USA. Just click here to listen.
March 2016: How to have a Healthy Gut eHealth USA radio interview. Just click here to listen.
Toastmasters District 30 Contest 2016 (competed against 8 other clubs)
- Table Topics — 3rd Place (Bronze medal)
Toastmasters Area 90 Contest 2016 (competed against 4 other clubs)
- Table Topics — 2nd Place (speaking extemporaneously)
(the photo on the right is of me with my Silver Medal)
- Evaluation (giving feedback) – 3rd Place
My LaughterWorx services has also been taking off. Below is a snapshot of what I got up to in 2016:
- 10 November, 2016 – presented Laughter Yoga to Encore Breast Cancer Survivors’ Group in Byron Bay
- NEW! 2016 Ballina Laughter Yoga Classes! Saturday mornings, 8am – 9am on these dates in 2016: St Mary’s Anglican Church Administration Building; Nov: Saturday 5, Saturday 19, Saturday 26Dec: Saturday 3, Saturday 10 (NO CLASS Saturday 12)
- 2016 Byron Bay Laughter Yoga Classes Mondays in November: 6-7pm every Monday night in November – LY classes at Stewy’s Cafe, 1/7 Grevillea Street, Byron Bay (opp side entrance of Bunnings) – classes open to everyone! (And Stewy is offering a free sup of tea or cup of his award-winning coffee at the end of the class – thanks Stewy!!)
- 28 October, 2016 – opened FSG’s Learn and Grow day with Laughter Yoga at B-Space in Swift Street, Ballina
- 24 October, 2016 – presented Laughter Yoga to the Ballina Lions Club on the health benefits of LY and we enjoyed a mini-class at the end of the meeting
- 24 October, 2016 – ran a Laughter Yoga class for private clients at Amber Massage and Day Spa, East Ballina
- 08 October, 2016 – presented Laughter Yoga to Ballina Orchid Society and we enjoyed a mini-class at the end of their meeting
- September 2016 – I ran Laughter Yoga sessions for my theatre group to warm us up before rehearsals – great fun!
A couple of photos of me presenting Laughter Yoga to the Ballina Orchid Society – and a very pretty bunch of flowers as a thank you.